Saturday 29 May 2021

Finished: For Joshua! 10mm Trebuchet

Hi folks,

I've continued clearing the painting shelf lurkers this week. 

This 10mm siege engine from Pendraken has been completed to fit in with my Knight army for the ongoing charity project For Joshua. Unable to fit on the standard 50x100mm bases, I've stuck two together using the bottom of the the Trebuchet. This just means that on the table the trebuchet will take up a full square. 


It is a big beastie and comes with three crew members. I used some of the larger rocks from my sand as ammo, however I'm unsure how these three men would be able to shift any of them. 

I had considered adding thread in order to represent the ropes, but I figures it would be tough to get the thickness and tension right, so it was best to leave that to the imagination. 

Trying to finish off a WW2 1/300 British armed trawler next. Hopefully more progress will be made over the weekend. 

10 comments:

  1. Impressive and superb trebuchet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Phil, it is a nice bit of kit - really good use for laser cut 10mm stuff.

      Delete
  2. That thing is huge! Does this mean there’s a 10mm scale castle to receive lobbed rocks for the tabletop?

    ReplyDelete
  3. A good looking model and beaut painting.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!