Not a huge amount to report hobby wise, I've completed the updating of the Germans and most of the British stuff.
With the Germans, I decided to go with the 60x40mm bases for the Panthers and Tigers after a little bit of indecision. Doesn't leave much room around the edges for tufts, but does reduce the storage space required, which was the point. I really wish someone did brass replacement barrels for 15mm vehicles, as it's only a matter of time before plastic Panther guns break. Some of these tanks also got a coat of ultra matt.
I'm now onto the final tray, which is the Shermans from my grandfathers unit. I've saved this to last as I plan to do upgrade more than just the bases.
Currently, I'm switching metal or old plastic 17-pdr guns with more in scale models from the most recent plastic Sherman V kit. You can see below the size differences (two replacement barrels on the left):
Other work on this squadron includes adding the circle decal to 5 hulls, replacing turret number decals on 4 turrets and repainting 4 Firefly gun barrels which have been replaced. Then a ultra matt varnish over everything and new bases. I have considered re-highlighting, but I think I'll just leave these as is.
Hopefully, another few weeks and I'll be done and on to something else!