Wednesday 10 April 2024

Finished: 15mm Sexton GPO

Hi folks,

Another oddity for my collection, this time a 15mm scale resin printed model from Battlefield3d. I've had this on the painting pile for a little while, and finally got round to finishing it for the AHPC challenge this year. 

This vehicle is a 'Gun Position Officer' command vehicle - which is basically the travelling command post for a battery of 25-pdr Sexton self propelled gun. The vehicle itself is a Sexton with the gun removed and internal space dedicated to maps and radios. 





This is a nice print. As per 3d prints the track details are a bit lacking, but not a big issue with some weathering. I decalled these up using some of my new Polish 1st Armoured markings, received from the US. My usual fishing wire aerial and basing style. A bit of hull weathering with my Tamiya powders. 

This models even got some table time, although mainly for eye candy purposes:







No comments:

Post a Comment

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!