Saturday 13 April 2024

Finished: Battlefleet Gothic Chaos fleet

Hi folks,

Another catch up post from earlier in the year. During last years (2022-2023) AHPC challenge I'd had a lot of fun finishing converting, fixing and painting various Battlefleet Gothic ships. I'd planned to do a couple for this years challenge as well, but things quickly escalated. 

As a result, I ended up painting all the Chaos ships I currently own...

Sorting this collection out, I've ended up with one main fleet (generic Chaos faction, painted as per the oigional White Dwarf/rulebook), a Tzeench sub fleet and a Nurgle sub fleet. 

I'd love to get some additional bits for all this in the future. Possible some of the 3d printed light cruisers that are now available, and possible a proper battleship. In the mean time, the following will do:

Infidel class raiders

Idolator class raiders

Iconoclast class destroyers plus transports

My current flagship, a Repulse class grand cruiser


My heavy cruisers, a Hades class, a pair of Styx class and an Archeon class 

The cruisers - two Slaughter, one Devastator, two Carnage, one Inferno and one Murder class

In support, we have the Tzeench fleet:

A Slaughter and a Devastation class cruiser, backed up by six Idolator class raiders. The Devastator class cruiser has an unusual bridge, which might reflect a possessed ship rather than just fancy ornamentation.

And the Nurgle fleet. 


This fleet consists of a Death Guard Battlebarge - technically the famous 'Terminus Est' model - alongside two 'Murder' class cruisers, a trio of Iconoclast destroyers and six Infidel class raiders. My fluff for these is that this is a detachment of Deathguard Chaos Space Marines supporting my larger Chaos fleet. 

I've deliberately gone for a bit of a miss-match of shades on some of these models, aiming for them to be cohesive but non-standard. My own head canon is that the older the ship the more baked on blood and the darker it is. I tracked down or rescued the origional bases for these ships, which I've just gone with a matt black on. Other odds and sods which had been broken from years of poor storage or prior owners were repaired, and a few ships had their weapon loadouts changed. 

All in all I'm pretty pleased. I've still a good few stands of fighters and bombers to rescue, which is a tedious job. Then perhaps on to my main Imperial fleet so I can actually have a game!

No comments:

Post a Comment

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!