Wednesday 16 December 2020

Finished: Cruel Seas 1/300 Fairmile D-class MGB/MTB

Hi folks,

Work has continued on clearing off some of the paint shelf lurkers. I'd gotten the vast amount of work done on these in the springtime, but hadn't actually gotten round to finishing them off.

These are Warlord Games models, in resin, with some of the metal weapon and crew upgrade bits. Myself and Dave have played the Cruel Seas game a few times at the club, and I picked up a British fleet a while back due to lack of any other options at a wargames show. 


I followed the Warlord Games painting guide for these, which has left the deck colour a little darker than perhaps it should be, but they look smart enough. 

6-pdr auto on the front and rear, twin 20mm mid and two .50 HMG turrets. Along with the 4 torp tubes!

Twin 20mm Oerlikon on the front, twin 20mm in the mid and 6-pdr auto on the rear, with some .50 HMG turrets. 

These have a mix of weapons, which I tried to make reflect the varying armament of these vessels around the time of the D-day landings. There was a lot of small scale naval action taking place off the beaches at night, with allied units trying to stop German attackers getting through to the merchant shipping off the beaches. 



I've still an armed trawler, Vosper MTB's and a Beaufighter to paint. I may tackle the trawler sooner rather than later, as I'm planning a rather utilitarian naval grey paint scheme. Fun little items to have done, I could be tempted to pick up some other bits (maybe a Flower class Corvette, after seeing Greyhound!)

3 comments:

  1. Very cool mate! I have a whole box of these (and some Germans) waiting for some love :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have done a great job of these, they look excellent.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!