Saturday 26 December 2020

Xmas Loot 2020

Hi folks,

I hope everyone enjoyed their Christmas this year. Not a normal one in my house, for sure. But we did take some pleasure in it being so chilled out - no rushing about, shuttling between relatives houses, putting up with hyper children or mega cooking sessions. A bit odd not seeing everyone as usual, but I think we made the most of it. 

As usual, I submitted a list of gift suggestions in advance and was thus rewarded with things I wanted/needed. This idea seems to be catching on with our family, as people have realised it means they get things for themselves they might not buy for themselves, and less random stuff they don't need. 

Hobby wise then, I did not too badly:

The Battlefield in a box terrain was a surprise gift from a gaming buddy, and much appreciated. We'd had a discussion earlier in the year about the sort of terrain missing from the Normandy gaming tables, and industrial bits had been lacking I think Martin has also been working on a coal mine, which should be cool for the battles around Caen. 

The Atlantikwall book is the last in the series of three covering the defences of all 5 Normandy beaches. Really interesting and useful source, showing bunker plans, defence layouts, etc. Two of these books, the Utah Beach and the Sword, Juno and Gold beach books I managed to find via French online sellers I found during my visit to Paris last year. 

Tasha's will be a useful addition to my DnD book collection, while the Adeptus Titanicus and Necromunda books add to the collections for these games I've yet to play properly! I also needed a restock of some basic painting/hobby supplies, which I purchased and Amy put aside for me. My dad got me the very interesting Normandy book I've been looking at for a while, with historic info combined with modern tourist info. 

Also lots of socks (desperately needed), clothes and sweets... 

So all in all, a good haul and lots of cool reading material. I'm extremely lucky to have people around me willing to indulge my interests!


2 comments:

  1. Some great scores there! Hope you had a great day mate
    PS Looking forward to a review of the AT book... :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers Paul, a nice quiet day was had. Doubt you'll see a review of the book, but it's very interesting. Covers basically an area with lots of forge worlds that descended into civil war and conflict during the Horus Heresy.

      Delete

If you follow my blog, please feel free to leave a comment - it will appear once moderated!